Tracer

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Food Traditions at Christmas

Thomas MacEntee over at "And I Helped" blog got me to thinking about family food traditions at Christmas. When I was growing up my mom did all kinds of sweets, much like Thomas does at his blog. One of the favorites was fudge, and after the fudge was done, it was always put in this crystal serving dish, ALWAYS. Mom also did Peanut Brittle, Divinity, pies, cakes and more. This was the first year in a very long time that I even thought about doing the fudge. Now that I've read all those wonderful recipes that Thomas has, I am in a baking mood! Look out neighbors, this stuff has to go somewhere! Thanks for the inspiration Thomas! My house really does smell good!!! Here are photos of the serving dish filled with fudge and mom's recipe book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your email address with your comment. Thank you.